After producing literally thousands of picnics for every size company, we have found that there are issues any savvy planning committee must address. Below are some of the most important and often overlooked issues in planning a company picnic for your group:
- Cost: The actual costs will vary depending on your menu, the number of attractions, amusements, games and additional services. Keep in mind, the sole purpose of a company picnic, or for most other corporate events, is to make your guests walk away with a warm fuzzy about your organization. That won’t happen with a cheap barbecue and no entertainment. Our always successful picnics average between $20 to $35 per person out the door.
- Entertainment: The first question is to determine your age group(s). The next question is how many? How long will your event run? Who are your employees? What is their education, ethnicity, age? What is the company culture? Performers that work well for kids and adults that you should consider are face painters, balloon artists, caricature artists, chair massage, strolling jugglers, stilt walkers, and airbrush tattoo artists. Company games such as a rock climbing wall, giant inflatable bouncers and crawl throughs, bungee trampolines, carnival rides, etc. always bring out the kid in everyone! Or do you want more team oriented ones, such as Giant FoosBall or Giant Twister? Are you going to offer prizes? For help with the entertainment selection click here.
- Teens: If you have young employees or older employees with teenagers, consider a package for them: foosball, basketball shoot out, gaming consoles, air hockey, and /or interactive inflatables. Teens often get forgotten at picnics, and you will find the grownups often sneaking over to the teen area to get their game on.
- Site selection. How do you find a park? Isn’t anything close that has a spot that fits your group size adequately? You need to ask these questions: (Help with the site selection click here.)
- Do you want amplified music? A Live Band?
- Do you want inflatables?
- What else is going on in that park that day?
- What is the neighborhood like?
- Do they allow generators or have electricity onsite?
We Hope This Helps Your Planning Process!
American Family Day handles every facet of the event, professionally and efficiently. We smoothly conduct complete event management, from set-up to clean-up, using our high-quality entertainment, catering options, and vendor coordination. We execute a seamless affair covering details such as water, electricity and trash removal. If the design of your event is handled well, your guests won’t even notice, but you will.